Government wants your comments on the (National Gambling Amendment Bill).
You are invited to object or support the Bill by providing comment below. Should you be unsure, please read the live comments, media, summary or documents below the form. Closing date is midnight 12 October 2018.
8062 active citizens in this campaign, so far.
Add your comment now.
A copy of your message will be sent to you along with an automated proof of receipt. Check your junk mail folder if you can’t find it.
The National Gambling Amendment Bill proposes;
- Repositioning the National Gambling Board to be a National Gambling Regulator
- Transferring the regulation of all bets on the national lottery, foreign lottery, lottery results and sports pools to a National Lotteries Commission
- Prohibiting dog racing and bets on dog racing in South Africa
- Strengthening the regulation of casinos, limited pay-out machines and bingo. This includes the regulation of electronic forms of bingo, and the maximum number of bingo licenses and machines that can be granted in South Africa
- Restrictions on gambling premises and locations of automated tellers – including ‘seperate’ and ‘hidden’ entrances for gambling areas located inside general public places such as shopping malls, arcades, complexes or centres
- Recognition of a self-regulating body in the horse racing industry
- to provide for the regulation of the horseracing industry
- Providing for broad-based black economic empowerment in the gambling industry. Notably this will apply to individuals applying for gambling licences
- Unlawful winnings will now be forfeited to the National Gambling Regulator
- Imposing gambling advertising restrictions
LIVE COMMENT FEED
Displaying newest 5 comments sent.
Yes I do
Any law that protects animals, domestic and wild, is a good sign.
No I do not
If there is horse racing why not dog racing. I SEPORT GREYHOUND RACING IN FULL
Yes I do
I seport Greyhound racing 100%
No I do not
National Lottery is allready a "Dark Horse" with few people that know what is happening there.
In view of the large scale of CORRUPTION in our country, placing everything under one "roof" is madness. The Lottery should be investigated and soon as we are seldome privy to their payouts.
Yes I do
Changes are good.
Important to note; this is not a petition but is the first step in an essential Participative Democracy process protected under the SA Constitution. Your comment is immediately sent as a unique email to the designated government representative and must, by law, be acknowledged and considered. Had this been a petition, all comments would be seen as a single collective submission.
By using this service you ensure an accurate record is held by civil society (on our encrypted database) so government cannot dispute facts or figures. This process forms a solid foundation for a legal case should the necessity arise.