The Parliamentary AD-HOC Comittee on the amendment of Section 25 of the constitution of SA invites you to comment in support of or opposition to the CONSTITUTION EIGHTEENTH AMENDMENT BILL
190573 participants had a say.
This Bill aims to amend the Constitution of the Republic of South Africa by providing for the expropriation of property without the payment of compensation. Scroll down to view official documents.
Have your say – shape this policy.
Your comment is immediately delivered to parliament in an official format. As an extra measure, DearSA will also hand deliver all public submissions to parliament on the closing date.
- CONSTITUTION EIGHTEENTH AMENDMENT BILL
- Section 25 Proposals
- Committee Report on the Draft Constitution Eighteenth Amendment Bill
- Themes emerging from the Land Dialogue Workshop
- Expropriation Draft Bill (Nov 2018)
- Constitutional Review Committee Report on Review of Section 25 (15/11/18)
- Proposed amendments version 3 (08/03/19)
- High Level Panel Report on Assessment of Key Legislation and Acceleration of Fundamental Change
- Fifth Parliament Ad Hoc Committee Report on Amending Section 25 (13/03/19)
- Presidential Advisory Panel on Land Reform and Agriculture Report
- Parliament Legal Advisor: Consultations on a Committee Bill amending section 25 (6/11/19)
IN THE NEWS
- Daily Maverick – Government skirts tough decisions on land reform
- Politics Web – On the proposed amendment to Section 25 – FW de Klerk Foundation
- Daily Maverick – Sneaky Constitution 18th Amendment guts property rights
- M&G – What Section 25 means for land reform
- Moneyweb – SA moves a step closer to land expropriation without payment
- Times Live – Have your say on expropriation of land without compensation bill
- Daily Maverick – Politics in the time of expropriation without compensation
- City Press – Expropriation Bill still divides parliamentary committee
PREVIOUS CAMPAIGNS ON LAND EXPROPRIATION
In June 2018, the first call for comment on expropriation without compensation was opened to the public to assist the Ad Hoc Committee in tabling a report to parliament. DearSA ran the participation campaign and received over 230,000 public submissions. The results and comments, broken down by province, can be viewed here.
|05 Dec 2019||Draft bill amending section 25 of the Constitution: discussion & publishing for comment|
|03 Dec 2019||Draft bill amending section 25 of the Constitution: briefing|
|27 Nov 2019||Impact of land expropriation without compensation on international law and treaties to which South Africa is a signatory: DTI briefing|
|13 Nov 2019||Themes Emerging from Land Dialogue workshop|
|06 Nov 2019||Land Dialogue workshop|
|25 Oct 2019||Finalisation of Programme|
|18 Oct 2019||Discussion of Programme & process|
|11 Sep 2019||Committee discussion on process and programme|
|05 Sep 2019||Election of Chairperson|
|04 Sep 2019||Election of Chairperson – postponed|