Presentation to Portfolio Committee
Articles of interest
The Bill seeks to;
- delete, amend and insert certain definitions for purposes of alignment with international instruments adopted upon the implementation of the Act;
- provide for offences related to terrorist training and the joining and establishment of terrorist organisations;
- provide for offences related to foreign travel and attempt to leave the Republic under certain circumstances;
- provide for offences in respect of the possession and distribution of publications with unlawful terrorism related content;
- provide for authorisation to be obtained from the Director of Public Prosecutions in respect of the investigation and prosecution of certain offences;
- provide for the issuing of warrants for the search and cordoning off of vehicles, persons and premises;
- provide for a direction requiring the disclosure of a decryption key and the effect of a direction to disclose a decryption key;
- provide for the removal of, or making inaccessible, publications with unlawful terrorism related content; and to provide for matters connected therewith.
Click on a logo to view statements from other organisations.
Want to display your organisation’s statement? Click here.