The Portfolio Committee on Social Development invites you to submit written comments on the Social Assistance Amendment Bill.
83296 have provided input so far. Have your say below.
The Bill seeks to amend the Social Assistance Act, 2004, so as to:
▪ insert new definitions;
▪ provide for additional payments linked to social grants;
▪ provide for payment of benefits to a child-headed household; to provide for social relief of distress in the event of a disaster;
▪ repeal the internal reconsideration process;
▪ provide for an Independent Tribunal to consider appeals against decisions of the Agency;
▪ provide for the establishment of the Inspectorate as a government component;
Have your say – shape this policy.
Important to note; This is a legally protected public policy-shaping process mandated in the SA Constitution. By using DearSA’s platform you ensure an accurate record is held by civil society (so government cannot dispute participation facts or figures) which forms a solid foundation for a legal case should the necessity arise. It is not a petition. Your input is immediately sent to government and must, by law, be individually acknowledged and considered. Had this been a petition, all input would be grouped as a single submission.
- NATIONAL HEALTH INSURANCE BILL
- Council For Medical Schemes – 2019/20 APP presentation
- Department of Health – National Health Insurance Bill -ppt
- National Health Insurance Policy White Paper
- National Health Act 61 of 2003
- NHI Socio Economic Impact Assessment – NHI Bill 2018
- NHI Socio Economic Impact Assessment – 2017 White Paper
- NHI- Socioeconomic Impact Assessment – NHI White Paper 2016
- National Health Insurance- Green Paper