34091 active citizens had a say
Draft amendment regulations in terms of the private security industry regulations act, 2001
Bheki Cele, Minister of Police, acting under section 35 of the Private Security Industry Regulation Act, 2001 (Act No 56 of 2001) intends to make amendments to the Private Security Industry Regulations, 2002, affecting firearms and uniforms [please read summary or documents below]. Comments must be submitted by 5 July.
Important to note; this is not a petition but is a legally protected policy-shaping process mandated under the SA Constitution. Your comment is immediately sent as a unique email to the designated government representative and must, by law, be acknowledged and considered. Had this been a petition, all comments would be seen as a single collective submission.
By using DearSA’s service you ensure an accurate record is held by civil society (on DearSA’s encrypted database) so government cannot dispute participation facts or figures. This process forms a solid foundation for a legal case should the necessity arise.
Shape this policy now
A copy of your message will be sent to you along with an automated proof of receipt. Check your junk mail folder if you can’t find it.
LIVE COMMENT FEED
Displaying newest 5 comments sent.
IN THE NEWS
- Save the Rhino – Draft regulations could spell death for SA rhinos
- ZACP – Govt trying to hamstring private security industry
- Business Insider –Government wants to ban security guards from wearing blue – here’s why
- BusinessTech – Government is shaking up the rules among security
- IOL – Government to police Security Companies
- YouTube –Disarming Security Companies in SA
- The Citizen – Cele gets flak over changed gun laws
- Daily Maverick – Ban guns for private citizens, says Bheki Cele as 30,000 weapons are destroyed