The Minister in the Presidency for Women, Youth and Persons with Disabilities, Maite Nkoana-Mashabane, wishes to inform the public that Cabinet approved the National Youth Development Agency (NYDA) Amendment Bill on 18 October 2020, as a discussion document to be further consulted. The Bill is available for public comment.
The NYDA Amendment Bill, amends the NYDA Act, No. 54 of 2008, which is the founding legislation of the NYDA. The amendments seek to strengthen the Agency’s operations; enhance governance; and promote visibility for access of the agency’s products and services. The mandate of the NYDA in relation to that of other key players within the youth development space is clarified. The amendments also seek to make the agency to be more focused, thus maximising the impact of its services.
All interested stakeholders, and in particular young people; youth-serving and youth-led organisations; community and faith-based organisations; government departments; municipalities; academics; business and civil society sector organisations, are invited to submit written inputs and comments.
- The (NYDA) Amendment Bill
- National Youth Development Agency Act, 2008
- Draft National Youth Policy 2020 – 2030
- DWYPD: Activity Plan for NYDA Amendment Bill
- Role of NYD Branch in relation to the NYDA
- DWYPD: Narrative report on the role of NYD Branch to NYDA
- M&E Data Quality Tools
- M&E plan – Outlay NYP 2020
- M&E Indicator Reporting Tool
- M&E Template for Indicator Information Sheets
- National Youth Policy 2020-2030
- Signed Shareholder Performance Agreement 2020-21