The Minister in the Presidency for Women, Youth and Persons with Disabilities has asked for public comment on the National Youth Development Agency (NYDA) Amendment Bill.
The NYDA Amendment Bill, amends the NYDA Act, No. 54 of 2008, which is the founding legislation of the NYDA. The amendments seek to strengthen the Agency’s operations; enhance governance; and promote visibility for access of the agency’s products and services. The mandate of the NYDA in relation to that of other key players within the youth development space is clarified. The amendments also seek to make the agency more focused, thus maximising the impact of its services.
0 participants, so far (closes 15 Feb 2021)
Have your say – shape this draft amendment.
- To amend the National Youth Development Agency Act, 2008, so as to insert new definitions;
- to amend certain sections that provide for the administration of the Act by the Executive Authority;
- to amend the provisions relating to the objects of the Agency;
- to amend provisions relating to reporting by Agency;
- to amend provisions relating to roles of organs of state in supporting the Agency;
- to provide for additional board members;
- to provide for extension of the term of office for board members;
- to provide for establishment of the Agency at provincial and local levels;
- and to provide for matters connected therewith.