- Cabinet has approved the publication of the Radioactive Waste Management Fund Bill for public comment. The Bill provides for the creation of the fund, as directed by the Radioactive Waste Management Policy.
- Cabinet said the funds will be collected to be used towards the management of radioactive waste.
- “It will enable the setting up of the infrastructure to handle, provide storage and oversee the permanent disposal of radioactive waste.”
- The fund will be managed through the National Radioactive Disposal Institute.
- “South Africa benefits from clean energy generated through the Koeberg Nuclear Power Station. It also remains one of the biggest producers of the radiopharmaceuticals products that diagnose and treat cancer in the world,” Cabinet said.
IN THE MEDIA
STATEMENTS FROM OTHER ORGANISATIONS
Click on a logo to view.
Want to display your organisation’s statement? Click here.