Advert – scroll down
3613 comments delivered to parliament (closed 15 October 2023)
click the link to view more info
The Department of Public Enterprises published the draft National State Enterprises Bill 2023 for public comment.
Have your say – shape the draft Bill. [CLOSED]
Dear South Africa founder, Rob Hutchinson joins The Burning Platform team on Cliff Central to discuss Pravin Gordhan’s new state-owned company … and others.
The Bill seeks to:
- establish the State Asset Management SOC Ltd;
- provide for the State as the sole shareholder of a holding company;
- consolidate the State’s shareholdings in state enterprises;
- provide for the powers of the shareholder on behalf of the State;
- provide for the phased succession of state enterprises to the holding company;
- provide for the holding company’s powers as shareholder of subsidiaries;
- provide for the restructuring and management of subsidiaries for developmental purposes;
- provide for appropriate and effective performance monitoring mechanisms over subsidiaries;
- provide for the corporatisation of those state enterprises that are not registered as companies; and to provide for matters connected therewith