The Minister has asked for public comment to shape the NHI Bill.
83296 had a say
Medical aids as we know them will disappear under the National Health Insurance (NHI) Bill as the government will provide a package of comprehensive health services for free at private and public health facilities as part of its bid to more equitable access to quality healthcare. However, there are many concerns – see summary.
Have your say – shape this policy.
Important to note; This is a legally protected public policy-shaping process mandated in the SA Constitution. By using DearSA’s platform you ensure an accurate record is held by civil society (so government cannot dispute participation facts or figures) which forms a solid foundation for a legal case should the necessity arise. It is not a petition. Your input is immediately sent to government and must, by law, be individually acknowledged and considered. Had this been a petition, all input would be grouped as a single submission.
- NATIONAL HEALTH INSURANCE BILL
- Council For Medical Schemes – 2019/20 APP presentation
- Department of Health – National Health Insurance Bill -ppt
- National Health Insurance Policy White Paper
- National Health Act 61 of 2003
- NHI Socio Economic Impact Assessment – NHI Bill 2018
- NHI Socio Economic Impact Assessment – 2017 White Paper
- NHI- Socioeconomic Impact Assessment – NHI White Paper 2016
- National Health Insurance- Green Paper