comments individually delivered, so far
The public is invited to comment on, object to, or support mandatory vaccinations and certificates/passbooks for Covid-19.
- mandatory vaccination in the workplace
- mandatory vaccinations in schools
- vaccine passbooks.
Add your suggestions, or have your say below. Please note; your personal details will not be shared or displayed.
Have your say – shape the outcome.
- In terms of the new directives by the Department, employers may enact a policy of mandatory vaccinations, but that the process must be accompanied by a thorough consultation process and must respect the rights of the employee.
- Employers should consider all less intrusive and restrictive means to ensure occupational health and safety.
- An employee’s right to bodily integrity may in limited instances be reasonably and proportionally limited.
- An employee must consent to being vaccinated.
- It is essential that any employer planning to implement mandatory workplace vaccinations must notify affected employees of their right to refuse vaccination on constitutional or medical grounds.
- An employee may not summarily be dismissed for refusing to be vaccinated. Instead, reasonable steps must be taken by the employer to accommodate a refusing employee.