Advert – scroll down
STATEMENTS FROM OTHERS
Click on a logo to view.
Want to display your organisation’s statement? Click here.
In the Media
- BusinessTech — Big shake-up proposed for immigration laws and visas in South Africa
- Bloomberg — South Africa Unveils Proposals for Major Immigration Overhaul
- SA News — White Paper set to overhaul migration system, says Motsoaledi
- TimesLIVE — Radical changes proposed in white paper on citizenship, migration
- Daily Maverick — Motsoaledi advocates for review and temporary withdrawal from two international agreements on refugee protection
Home Affairs Minister, Aaron Motsoaledi, says the government has made mistakes by implementing wholesale international agreements around refugees and asylum seekers. A white paper is a broad statement of government policy that is discussed and then ultimately leads to proposed laws. If the policy proposals are implemented they will significantly curb the current rights of asylum seekers and refugees. To discuss we’re joined by Immigration and Refugee Law Expert, Ashraf Essop.
The Home Affairs Department has proposed some of the biggest changes to the country’s immigration laws. The White paper on citizenship, immigration and refugee protection has been gazetted and is out for public comment. eNCA’s Heidi Giokos has more details.
Home Affairs Minister Dr Aaron Motsoaledi briefs media on Immigration and Refugee Protection
Home Affairs Minister Aaron Motsoaledi briefs the media about the White Paper on immigration and protection of refugees. [FULL]
Encourage Participation – distribute this notice