Advert – scroll down
Displaying 10 latest comments. Click here to see more.
2024-02-29 09:34:47 +02:00
Spatial Planning and Demand Management
GEPHTT White Paper Inputs.
Leaders read through the White Paper presentation in order for everyone to be on the same page. Had discussions going through the document point for point giving Input.
1. Economic Development should be Integrated into the developments of Humansettlements from the beginning. This will allow government to make use of land situated away from the Cities.
2. Beneficiaries who are found to be on the system due to their parents applications through previous housing policy, should be given a chance to qualify for RDP's.
3. Building Standards of Mega Housing Projects should be strictly regulated and done with a high standard of quality.
4. Inner City Refurbishment should be done at a First class standard.
5. Former Home Owners should be given an opportunity to get a RDP house after a reasonable amount of time. Especially if they lost the house they owned due to loss of work, divorce etc.
6. Current Policy sets back Women by not allowing them to be able to qualify for RDP program due to the fact that their ex husbands owned properties while they were married and now after Divorce are left with no options.
7. Lost Databases should be looked into and an option for those who have applied and lost information can make use of.
8. Acts such as the PIE act should be reviewed because it is contradictory to other relating Acts and is currently being abuse and being use to Governments disadvantage mostly. Acts should not align with current programs.
9. Single applicants should be allowed to qualify for RDP whether they have dependants or not, and if they have a partner or not.
10. Qualification Criteria to be reviewed as a whole.
11. Allow communities to take ownership of vacant land in their communities through the Rapid Land Release program.
12. Rapid Land Release programs criteria should allow for people who are unemployed or have low income jobs to qualify for the program even if they are unable to secure Formal Funding to start building.
13. People without a formal income should considered for Rapid Land Release to enhance ownership. But with the acception that they meet the rest of the criteria requirements.
14. Surity secured and signed by an individual who has a stable income and is able to stand for and make sure that the unemployed individual builds a formal structure on the stand given to them.
15. Provide housing options for people with no income.
16. Subsidies should not be paid directly to beneficiaries but instead paid to the suppliers of building materials to avoid corruption and ensure that process is simple.
17. Department available for finding in areas being developed.
18. Formal structure requirements to be made easier. Beneficiaries should be allowed to build at least a 1 room formal structure and allowed to finish building completely within the 5 year period of time.
19. All walk ups/High risers should have Elevators.
20. Restorative Justice for forceful removals dating back to 1974.
21. Policy to specify Marginalized groups including the So Called Colored people.
22. Disability criteria to be made more accessible.
23. Allow for Department of Social Security to issue a letter proving that the beneficiary is receiving a disability grant.
24. Racial Allocations must be scrapped. And Restorative Justice implemented in order for progressive Integration to take place.
25. Allocations should be done according to the demographic stats per municipality because the municipality does allocations.
26. The Inbalance in current allocations should be addressed. According to Equity.
27. Ford Housing plan proposes as an Alternative Building Method. And driver of Economic Development in new MHP as well as provides solutions for food security and preserving our heritage.
28. Block Solutions as an alternative building material.
29. On innovation people can be given land and allowed to extend upwards. That way the land can accommodate multiple people on one stand and provide people with the sense of ownership and allow those people with their to be pulling themselves out of poverty.
30. Specify criteria for Women headed households, child headed households and elderly as well as Most vulnerable groups.
31. Allocation criteria to be reviewed and fixed so that elderly people are allocated on the ground floor of walk ups.
32. Policy doesnt align with current programs like walk ups.
33. Review integration policies we shouldn't be turning Mega Housing Projects into Old age villages by just allocating 96-99 only and Special needs. Integration should have different races and ages together living and growing and learning each others cultures.
34. So called Colored Beneficiaries get turned away from DHS offices by racist security guards with bad attitudes simply because of the color of their skin. This is not accessible, so what accessibility is the White Paper speaking to.
The Housing White Paper 2 stands as a stark admission by the Department of Human Settlements of its sheer incompetence and disregard for its mandate under the Housing Act 107 of 1997. By failing to comply with the Act's fundamental objectives, especially 2(c)(ii), 2(d), 2(e)(iii), particularly in creating economically sustainable communities through skills transfer to alleviate the burden on the state, the department has demonstrated a complete disregard for its responsibilities.
The abject failure to establish even a single economically sustainable community or to transfer industrially usable skills, as mandated by the Act, unequivocally reveals the implementation of RDP housing as a catastrophic failure. It is incomprehensible that Parliament has not launched a thorough investigation into this glaring neglect of duty by the government.
According to South Africa's Parliamentary Housing Act 107 of 1997, it is incumbent upon the government to ensure that housing development is economically, physically, socially, and financially sustainable. The Ford plan offers a viable solution that aligns seamlessly with these requirements. By providing manufactured housing that complies with National Building Regulations, is bondable, and significantly cheaper than traditional brick equivalents, while also imparting approximately 20 portable skills crucial for community-based economic development, the Ford plan exemplifies economic sustainability as outlined in the Act.
Furthermore, the Act stresses the importance of supporting individuals and communities in fulfilling their housing needs, fostering skills transfer, and empowering communities. Unlike the construction industry utilized by the government for RDP housing, which lacks the necessary portable skills capacity, the Ford plan, with its community ownership and skill retention, perfectly embodies this provision.
The Act also emphasizes the establishment and maintenance of socially and economically viable communities. Despite substantial expenditure on RDP housing at around R1/2 trillion, economically viable communities have failed to materialize, underscoring a systematic failure to comply with the Act's provisions.
The ramifications of disregarding these clauses are dire, perpetuating poverty and inequality while contributing to the dysfunction and destruction of marginalized communities as when RDP policy was announced it was clearly indicated that it would be South Africa’s major sustainable job creator. This has proved to be 100% failure. This refusal to acknowledge evidence-based solutions not only undermines the government's credibility but also exacerbates the cycle of poverty and inequality, disproportionately impacting marginalized communities. It reflects a pattern of monumental incompetence, negligence, and obstructionism that undermines democratic principles and human rights warrenting investigation into crimes against humanity and genocide for review at the constitutional court
We challenge Human Settlements to provide valid engineering and business justifications for their continued dismissal of the Ford plan to lift Shack community's out of poverty through house manufacturing as I have done since 1995. Until they can substantiate their disregard for the Act's provisions and explain how overturn CSIR reports and why they persist in using the construction industry despite its shortcomings, their actions amount to nothing more than empty rhetoric, devoid of practical value and serving only as electioneering tactics.
The colossal failure admitted by Human Settlements in RDP housing delivery, coupled with their blatant disregard for evidence-based solutions, underscores their role as the primary enforcers of poverty and human degradation. Unless Human Settlements can justify their prolonged incompetence and negligence, we will be compelled to rally the people of South Africa to demand accountability and justice from a government that has forsaken its duty to uplift and empower its citizens.
Should Human Settlements wish to engage in a meaningful dialogue and prove their commitment to genuine development, we invite them to review the Ford plan in detail below. The provided references offer comprehensive insights into the viability and potential of the Ford plan, challenging them to provide sound engineering and business reasons for their continued rejection.
In closing, we assert that South Africa does not need another white paper filled with empty promises. What it needs is a government capable of understanding and implementing practical solutions for sustainable development. Until Human Settlements can demonstrate such competence, we will not rest in our pursuit of justice and accountability.
Where Human Settlements legal department confirming Housing Delivery failed by 100% to comply with the Act point in Red
• 1986 CSIR confirming proof factory 1 house bondable
• 1995 Housing supported the CSIR in protecting the construction industry rather than creating jobs
• 1998 CSIR Confirming the Ford plan job creation potential
• 2003 Legal dept Housing confirming CSIR informed brick constructed Housing not suitable for RDP housing to comply with the Act 107
• 2003 legal department at Housing confirmed that the Ford plan complied with every aspect of the Housing Act whereas the departments housing implementation was 100% failure and still is. This letter makes the white paper 2 an irrelevant document As it confirms that through the Ford house manufacturing plan virtually every shack community in South Africa of size could lift out of poverty
• 2008 CSIR and DST Confirm to Parliament that the Ford plan would address the job and housing crisis through industrial development.
• 2011 consulting engineers appointed by the CSIR to evaluate the manufacturing proof factory 2 funded by the European Union, stated conclusively that the plan meet every aspect of the South African Bureau of Standards structural specifications and therefore the house could be bonded. It cost 30% to 40% less than a brick equivalent and is erected in one day.
• 2012 Human Settlements issued a statement from the director general’s office stating that Housing was used for social handouts not job creation.
• 2013/14 Human Settlements refused to meet The dti and discuss developing the Ford plan
We Challenge Human Settlements to provide the engineering and business reasons why the Ford plan cannot work to support why they have rejected the Ford plan for 29 years using the following documents.
• Schematic Ford plan development. https://bit.ly/4btSk1M
• Transforming shack communities into manufacturing and farming hubs. https://bit.ly/4a7IMcu
• House factory economic model https://bit.ly/3uL5siE
• All CSIR Positive validations from 1985 https://bit.ly/42r3gt7
• The Ford Engineering Plan aligned to the Gauteng Township Economic Development Bill https://bit.ly/3rdQehb
• The Ford Manufacturing Plan – Engineering Master https://bit.ly/3OQYM9q
• The Ford Commercial Crop Farming plan - Master https://bit.ly/49HHeEQ
• Foundation for Research Development (FRD) acknowledging that the Ford plan can lift squatter camps out of poverty https://bit.ly/FRDSupport39zYDk4
• Ford Plan Summary for the FRD now the National Research Foundation (NRF) - High Technology Solutions underpinning the Ford Plan https://bit.ly/33bGhI9
• The Business Plan Ford developed in 2008 for the Science & Technology Portfolio Committee by Ford and presented by Ford with GWD presenting the engineering plan https://bit.ly/3fFbFkD
• 2008 The CSIR confirming that the Ford plan will address the job and housing crisis through manufacturing development.
• Note on Ford Business Plan: This 2008 Business Plan is still relevant today. If you multiply each amount quoted by the cost of living index to date from then, the new amounts will provide the same results
• 28 years of Gauteng rejecting the Ford plan after admitting in 1995 that the plan works. https://bit.ly/3mnNfDA
• Human Settlements acknowledging that RDP housing is used not for job creation but for social handouts in other words buying votes at election time. https://bit.ly/Sello2vc11it
Inputs to white paper on housing
-SUSTAINABLE HUMAN SETTLEMENTS
-IMPROVED QUALITY OF HOUSEHOLD LIFE
SECTION 26 OF THE CONSTITUTION.
Permanent residents of a Province should be given land with a house or for self built with a the condition that a double foundation be laid as to allow for another identical dwelling to be erected in future if necessary on top of the existing structure to accommodate another generation family member listed on the subsidy application.This will be a means of access to accommodation to another future generation on the same land instead of building high rises with strangers living on top of each other.
This will also decrease the reliance on the State to build housing.example Egypt where family homes are built above each other to accommodate multiple generations and the empty surrounding space( yard) is used for
Self sustainable food production or home industry business.
Rapid land release with a housing plan should be made accessible to UNemployed or
self- employed persons too who is willing and able to build their own structures and who can provide SURETY by either savings towards building or SURETY from another person/ persons willing to assist the
The housing criteria is discriminatory and punishing towards women without dependents/ children, unmarried or not co habiting as they are not considered as vulnerable human beings and are marginalised and denied the opportunity of government assistance land/ housing ownership and economic upliftment yet these people pay taxes too.
PARTNERSHIPS AND PEOPLE CENTRED DEVELOPMENTS:
Industry should be taken to MHDP (mega housing development projects) or MHDP should be taken to industry.
Over congestion in cities can be remedied by the establishing human settlements in areas where a specific or particular industry can be naturally developed eg in a farming area and establishing a good processing plant
Or a mining area and developing a secondary mining industry OR Sea port and creating a seafood processing plant.
Or INDUSTRY can be moved to an area of human settlements by establishing eg clothing factories, housing manufacture factories, furniture factories,car manufacturing etc
Vacant land in communities identified for housing should be serviced with water sanitation roads and electricity and ALLOCATED to beneficiaries on the communities housing needs register ASAP to avoid land grabs and illegal land occupation.The beneficiaries will then have the responsibility of guarding their own erfs and compelled to self build a formal structure within a specified time period of show progress towards building or otherwise forfeit the land if conditions are not met.
Community wards should compile a community database of land and housing needs and collaborate with municipality and provincial departments to address the housing backlogs.
EXPROPRIATION OF LAND WITHOUT COMPENSATION
Huge tracts of land held by companies and private individuals who are unjust or illegal owners of the land should be expropriated without compensation and should be used to provide for farming, human settlements or institutional use or industrial
Government land should be made accessible for BNG and educational institutes and health facilities.
MANUFACTURING of housing factories as a faster efficient and cost effective mass production alternative to conventional construction of housing should be part of all new mega housing developments to help in decreasing the housing backlog.
Manufacturing of housing factories should also be considered in the rapid upgrading of informal settlements to transform into self decent housing and self sustainable industry and food farm production innovation as per the (attached) Ford Plan to uplift informal settlements out of poverty.
Greater Eldorado Park
Housing Task Team
2024-02-29 07:53:45 +02:00
Yes I do
People simple need housing and there must be a look into private sector rental for to long these individuals that own property has been treating south African like foreigners and the foreigners like south African I'm in saltrivier and I see my fellow south African living in gang infestation area will foreigners get housing in saltrivier all the nice areas this practice needs to stop we must put south African first
2024-02-26 18:23:08 +02:00
Spatial Planning and Demand Management
Funny how this White paper has taken 30 years of democracy to be developed, and yet it is still rather thin on detail and workable solutions. I do not fully support this paper for most of the reasons listed as drop-downs. Whilst housing is truly , desperately needed, so many people have been left behind, people back in 1994-1996 still not have their housing! Yet someone was able to grease a palm and apply and get their house in a year. Something is not right. Also, the quality of the houses verses the billions that have been spent, hmm, again i smell a rat. And another thing, slipping another paper/bill through just before elections is actually sickening. ANC, if only you actually cared for the people that you seem to fool every election. It’s criminal, shameful, hanging the poor yet hopeful hang on a string like you do. I hope they vote you out this time.
2024-02-26 14:44:18 +02:00
The full truth needs to be factored from Inception to date, once cannot apply deceptive behaviour to any current state without applying full knowledge to what was from Inception to its current state. And effective solute accordingly.
2024-02-25 09:23:50 +02:00
Yes I do
Good morning iam 100% south african unemployed i do not have a home to go to on HOLIDAYS or a home to call my own but people outside Johannesburg and south africa own RDPs i applied in 2004 still today nothing
2024-02-25 09:20:57 +02:00
Yes I do
Land for Housing and Human Settlements
I have been renting for more than ten years under social housing projects when the lease agreement State after five years you are untitled to own.
2024-02-25 00:38:18 +02:00
Spatial Planning and Demand Management
I believe that the white paper should reflect equality in allocations and stop using the constitutional policies to further apartheid legacies. People should be considered because of the qualifying criteria and not racial policy. We also believe that the current building methods and materials are contributing to the failing method of constructing new human settlements. Make communities part of all processes that lead to Construction of projects in order to maintain equality in our new areas and not erase any of the cultural beliefs that have existed for generations and rather preserve these ways of living.
2024-02-24 22:40:50 +02:00
Yes I do
Land for Housing and Human Settlements
2024-02-18 05:22:42 +02:00
Yes I do
Spatial Planning and Demand Management
INtabazwe Harrismith still stands with 1996 housing backlog whereas the last RDP - Houses were last built in 1998 and the whole suburbs are full of Informal - settlements,No Serviced Sites provided leading to Land- Invasions
2024-02-15 02:23:53 +02:00
No I do not
Empowerment and Transformation