The City of Joburg has invited public comment on the draft 2020/21 IDP, Medium Term Budget and Tariff increases.
6558 participants so far. Have your say below.
Have your say – shape this policy.
Staff salary increase of 6.25% for 2020/21 and 6.3% for both 2021/22 and 2022/23 financial years.
These will increase by 4.9% across all categories.
The qualifying valuation threshold of R2.5 million and the over 70 rebate email the same.
The 60-69 year old rebates are now:
- Pensioner owners whose gross monthly household income is lower than R10 230 on a property valued not more than R2.5 million is 100% rebate.
- Pensioner owners whose gross monthly income is higher than R10 230 but lower that R17 585 for a property values not more than R2.5 million is 50% rebate.
- There is an overall blanket increase of 8.1% (most of this increase is due to the Eskom tariff increase).
- The Network Surcharge of R0.06/Kwh has not been increased.
But, for Pre-Paid customers, there will be the following changes:
- Residential Pre-Paid: An additional R200 Capacity Charge per month will be charged to provide parity between the pre-paid tariffs and postpaid with regard to the service and network charges. This is the 1st of 3 proposed charges over 3 years. Note that this Capacity Charge will also be levied on individual households who are part of the Residential Reseller’s tariff.
Changes in Residential Tariff Bands
0-350 Kwh per month band will be replaced with 0-300 Kwh; the 351-500 Kwh band will be replaced with 301-500 Kwh. The new tariff structure will thus be:
0-300 R1.5072 per Kwh
301-500 R1.7287 per Kwh
501+ R1.9699 per Kwh
- Business Pre-Paid:
An additional R400 Capacity Charge per month will be charged to provide parity between the pre-paid tariffs and postpaid with regard to the service and network charges. This is the 1st of 3 proposed charges over 3 years.
Sanitation Charges (Sewerage)
Increase by 8.6%
Waste Management Charges (Pikitup)
Increase by 5.2%
- Draft Integrated Development Plan (IDP) 2020/21
- Draft Integrated Development Plan (IDP) Cover Report
- 2020/21 TO 2022/23 Draft Medium-Term Budget
2020/21 Service Delivery and Budget Implementation Plans
IN THE MEDIA
- Citizen – Joburg prepaid customers in for a shock