Parliament invites you to comment on amendments proposed to the Sectional Titles Act (summary below).
0 participants, so far (closes 9 April 2021)
Have your say – shape the outcome.
The Sectional Titles Amendment Bill seeks to;
- provide for the developer to answer questions by the agents of the lessees;
- provide that a certificate issued by an architect or a land surveyor must also comply with section 26(2) of the Spatial Planning and Land Use Management Act, 2013;
- further provide for the amendment of sectional plans in respect of exclusive use areas;
- further provide for the amendment and cancellation of a sectional plan upon an order of the court;
- provide for the noting of a title deed in respect of the lapsing of a reservation in terms of section 25;
- provide for a lease of part of the common property with the consent of the holders of registered real rights;
- amend the provisions relating to the alienation of common property;
- further provide for the cancellation of a mortgaged section and mortgaged exclusive use area;
- also provide for a developer to submit a plan for subdivision or consolidation to the Surveyor-General for approval to subdivide, consolidate and to extend a section;
- extend the registration of subdivision of a section, the consolidation of sections, and the extension of sections to a developer;
- provide for the filing of replacement documentation in respect of lost or destroyed documentation;
- amend the provisions relating to the extension of a scheme;
- amend the provisions relating to participation quotas of sections;
- regulate the membership of the sectional titles regulations board;
- amend the transitional provisions.