The Select Committee on Land Reform, Environment, Mineral Resources and Energy invites you to submit written comments on the National Forest Amendment Bill
1739 provided input.
The Bill seeks to amend the National Forests Act, 1998, so as to;
• provide for clear definitions of natural forests and woodlands;
• provide for public trusteeship of the nation’s forestry resources;
• increase the promotion and enforcement of sustainable forest management;
• increase the measures provided for in the Act to control and remedy deforestation;
• provide for appeals against decisions taken under delegated powers and duties;
• reinforce offences and penalties; and to provide for matter connected therewith.
Comments close on Friday, 24 January 2020.
Have your say – shape this policy.
As an extra measure, DearSA will hand deliver all the submissions done through our system on the closing date.
Important to note; This is a legally mandated public policy-shaping process. By using DearSA’s platform you ensure an accurate record is held by civil society (so government cannot dispute participation facts or figures) which forms a solid foundation for a legal case should the necessity arise. It is not a petition. Your input is immediately sent to government and must, by law, be individually acknowledged and considered. Had this been a petition, all public input would be grouped as a single submission.