Advert – scroll down
Report on the pubic participation
STATEMENTS FROM PRIVATE AND CIVIL ORGANISATIONS
Click on a logo to view.
Want to display your organisation’s statement? Click here.
In the Media
- The Conversation — South Africa’s new Marriage Bill raises many thorny issues – a balancing act is needed
- TimesLIVE — Draft marriage bill will criminalise underage unions
- EWN — NEW BILL AIMED AT BRINGING ALL MARRIAGES UNDER ONE LAW GAINING MOMENTUM
- ENCA — MIXED REACTION TO NEW MARRIAGE AMENDMENT BILL
- BusinessTech — Big changes to marriage laws in South Africa moving forward
- Mossel Bay Advertiser — HAVE YOUR SAY ON DRAFT MARRIAGE BILL
- Dispatch LIVE — Draft marriage bill will criminalise underage unions
- BusinessTech — Changes to marriage laws in South Africa – what to expect this year
The new Marriage Amendment Bill has been receiving mixed signals. The bill seeks to rationalise pieces of legislation dealing with marriage and ensure that all persons, regardless of race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religious or cultural beliefs, are treated equally and with dignity. But Associate Professor at the Department of Private Law at University of Western Cape, Anthony Diala, says there are many thorny issues in the bill.