Advert – scroll down
Report on the participation
STATEMENTS FROM CIVIL AND PRIVATE ORGANISATIONS
Click on a logo to view.
Want to display your organisation’s statement? Click here.
In the Media
- News24 — South African fines for polluting ships hiked by 2000% in new proposed law
- Good Things Guy — NPO to Launch Oil Spill Model to Help South Africa Plan for and Protect Our Oceans
- IOL — Oil spill model can be used to stop the exploration, exploitation of fossil fuels
- IOL — New oil spill model on the cards for SA to protect marine biodiversity, protected areas
- BizCommunity — Wildtrust develops oil spill model for SA risk assessment
- Engineering News — Oil pollution bill delayed (2013)
At any given time, 90% of the ocean around South Africa is being explored for oil and gas extraction. This may provide jobs, boost the economy and help mitigate the energy crisis but what happens if there is a spill. Wildtrust has developed a model to predict the behaviour and trajectory of a spill. eNCA speaks to Giles Fearon, an ocean modeller at the SA Environmental Observation Network.