The Minister of Agriculture, Land Reform and Rural Development, Ms Thoko Didiza, publishes the Land Donations Policy for public comment.
28 provided input.
Some of the problems that the Land Donations Policy seeks to assist in resolving are the following:
1. The slow pace of land reform;
2. The persistence of landlessness and homelessness;
3. Insecure land tenure;
4. The sustained challenges of inequality, unemployment and poverty;
5. Unfair access to land by women;
6. Limited youth enterprise opportunities and high levels of youth unemployment;
7. Food and nutrition insecurity;
8. Challenges with access to social, economic and cultural opportunities;
9. Poor access to services by many South Africans, and
10. Poor post-transfer/production support.
Read full summary here
Comments close on Tuesday, 7 April 2020
Have your say – shape this policy.
Important to note; This is a legally mandated public policy-shaping process. By using DearSA’s platform you ensure an accurate record is held by civil society (so government cannot dispute participation facts or figures) which forms a solid foundation for a legal case should the necessity arise. It is not a petition. Your input is immediately sent to government and must, by law, be individually acknowledged and considered. Had this been a petition, all public input would be grouped as a single submission.