10,871 comments delivered (closed 4 November 2022)
The Select Committee on Security and Justice invited stakeholders and interested persons to submit comments on the Land Court Bill
- To provide for the establishment of a Land Court and appeals against decisions of the Land Court;
- to make provision for the administration and judicial functions of the Land Court;
- to provide for the concurrent jurisdiction of the Land Court and Magistrates’ Courts for certain land related matters;
- to provide for mediation procedures;
- to amend certain laws relating to the adjudication of land matters by other courts;
Have your say – shape the outcome. [CLOSED]
The Land Court Bill: EWC by stealth? | Anthea Jeffery
The South African government is looking to establish a Land Court to process land claims. David Ansara of the CRA speaks with Anthea Jeffery of the IRR about the problems with the Land Court Bill.
A two-pronged ASSAULT on property rights | Gabriel Crouse
Property rights are under renewed threat in South Africa. David Ansara of the CRA speaks with Gabriel Crouse of the IRR about the twin dangers of the Expropriation Bill and the Land Court Bill.