National Treasury is seeking public comment on the Draft Regulations for Trade Exposure Allowance and the Draft Regulations for the Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Emissions Intensity Benchmarks.
1763 provided input.
The Draft Regulations for the Trade Exposure Allowance gives effect to the sector based allowance and provides a list of sectors and subsectors and their respective trade exposure allowances. The regulations also outline an alternative approach to calculate the trade exposure allowance for companies.
In addition, the Trade Exposure Allowance, aims to assist companies that potentially face competitiveness pressures whilst the performance allowance seeks to encourage firms to reduce the carbon intensity of their production processes relative to their peers and promote the competitiveness of local products.
Commenting closes on 17 January 2020
Have your say – shape this policy.
Important to note; This is a legally mandated public policy-shaping process. By using DearSA’s platform you ensure an accurate record is held by civil society (so government cannot dispute participation facts or figures) which forms a solid foundation for a legal case should the necessity arise. It is not a petition. Your input is immediately sent to government and must, by law, be individually acknowledged and considered. Had this been a petition, all public input would be grouped as a single submission.
- Draft Regulations: Greenhouse Gas Emissions Intensity Benchmarks Prescribed for the Purpose of Section 11 of the Carbon Tax Act, 2019
- Media Statement: Gazetting of the Carbon Offsets Regulations in terms of the Carbon Tax Act and related draft regulations for public comment
- Gazetted Carbon Offset Regulations 29 Nov 2019
- Draft Regulations: Trade Exposure Allowance
- Summary Draft Trade Exposure and GHG Emissions Intensity Benchmark Regulations