Advert – scroll down
BUDGET SPEECH AS DELIVERED Streamed live on Feb 21, 2024
In the Media
- IOL — Budget allays investor fears but leaves ordinary South Africans in an economic conundrum
- eNCA — 2024 BUDGET SPEECH | MORE DIFFICULT DECISIONS LIE AHEAD
- TimesLIVE — 2024 national budget to set South Africa on growth trajectory, says Ramaphosa
- BNN — Pioneering the Path to Sustainability: South Africa’s Budget 2024 Embraces Climate Action
- Briefly — Cyril Ramaphosa gushes over the budget, but the country is not having any of it
- BusinessTech — 2024 Budget in a nutshell – the biggest winners and losers
- BusinessTech — Big tax risks for South Africa – as countdown to Budget 2024 begins
- SA News — Have your say on National Budget
- IT Web — Treasury invites online tips for 2024 Budget
- Bloomberg — South Africa’s Godongwana Says No Imminent Plan to Tap Reserves
MID-TERM BUDGET SPEECH, NOVEMBER 2023 Finance Minister Enoch Godongwana delivering his medium-term budget speech in Parliament.
MID-TERM BUDGET SPEECH, NOVEMBER 2023 eNCA’s Dan Moyane speaks to economist Dawie Roodt following Finance Minister Enoch Godongwana’s medium-term budget speech.
MID-TERM BUDGET SPEECH, NOVEMBER 2023 Addressing escalating debt, SOE bailouts, and tax reforms will be critical in the Medium-Term Budget Policy Statement, say Investec economists Annabel Bishop and Tertia Jacobs in this special edition of the No Ordinary Wednesday podcast. No Ordinary Wednesday with Jeremy Maggs
MID-TERM BUDGET SPEECH, NOVEMBER 2023 Mid Term Budget Policy Statement Summary | 2023 from Futuregrowth Asset Management
MID-TERM BUDGET SPEECH, NOVEMBER 2023 Civil society groups have slammed the recently delivered Mid-term Budget for being an uncaring one, charging that it fails to cater for the most vulnerable in society. This came out at a meeting of several civil society groups, including the Public Service Accountability Monitor and the Social Policy Initiative, which was convened by UNICEF earlier in the week. The purpose of the meeting was to appraise the Mid-term Budget around how well it had done in keeping with the dictates of the Constitution, which stipulates that the socio-economic rights of everyone in the country must be advanced. From their perspective, the Mid-term Budget scored poorly. Nompumelelo Siziba filed this report.
MID-TERM BUDGET SPEECH, NOVEMBER 2023 MTBPS | Finance Minister Enoch Godongwana shares more on his mini budget speech. The government says it will continue to borrow around R553 billion per year. This is due to the underperformance in revenue collections and increased spending pressures. Finance Minister Enoch Godongwana says the budget deficit is projected to reach four-point-nine per cent in 2023/24. The minister further announced that the social relief distress grant will be extended for another year.